I used Simplicty 2601 View B but instead of having the ruffle collar go all the way around I made 2 separate pieces and sewed them into the shoulder seams (using this Boden shirt as inspiration). The back of the collar and armholes I finished with Tasia's amazing bias binding technique in a fun patterned fabric (sorry no pictures). I called it Dots of Liberty because I used some beautiful Liberty of London covered buttons that I got in England last year. As you can see in the second picture I ended up having to take in the back, but I really like the effect the pleat gives so it worked out just fine. This was my first successful attempt at buttonholes (after trying them as a beginner I'd convinced myself that my machine couldn't make them). They're much easier than I ever would have thought!
I've been busy sewing (and taking classes and planning a wedding and changing jobs!) and successfully finished my first quilt earlier this year for my soon-to-be nephew. I'm really happy with how it turned out and he apparently loves to roll around and spit up on it so everyone is happy.
I used this fat quarter bundle from Spool (but with elephant fabric instead of birds) and polka dot fabric for the backing from Joann's.
I've also made a bunch of tops using Simplicity 2892 View C. This one is my favorite with a cotton voile also from Spool (I entered it in the contest as well but it didn't get chosen).
And the biggest project on the horizon--my wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses! I've been really enjoying Suzanne's updates on her wedding dress progress. I'm still playing around with what style I want (still have plenty of time before the wedding) but am hoping to work on muslins this summer and finish it up as much as possible before classes start back in the fall.
Don't forget to vote for me TODAY! Thanks!