Sunday, February 14, 2010

UPDATE--Coming Soon: Marc Jacobs-inspired Rosette Jersey Skirt

 
It's now Thursday and I'm still working on this skirt.  I've gotten almost half of the body covered (as you can see below).  In addition to the making of the ruffle strips and pinning and sewing taking longer than I thought, I ran out of black thread and decided after pinning half of them to switch to a thicker jersey for the skirt itself!  But after a "quick" trip to Joann's (they were having an amazing sale and now I have so many more projects to do!) I'm back on track and will hopefully be done by this weekend.
 
I had a bunch of black jersey lying around so I started looking online for inspiration and came across this Marc by Marc Jacobs skirt at Bloomingdale's.  I think its adorable and I've already gotten started on the ruffles for the flowers.  I should have a tutorial up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment