Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Quick Tote Bag

I've been wanting to do something with this great canvas print fabric every since my boyfriend's mother let me raid her fabric cabinet at Thanksgiving but hadn't found the right project.  In my 6 months of sewing I haven't made a bag yet and was in the market for a nice new tote bag.  I found this tutorial from Cicada Daydream that seemed simple and close to what I wanted.  I just made 2 changes: 1) I made mine bigger (her sides are 13x14 before sewing and mine were 20x21) and 2) I added an inside pocket.
I love how the bag turned out and the pattern and rich purple together.  The only thing I don't like is the fact that the bottom is pretty saggy (as you can see in the first picture).  Next time I make a bag I'll try to do a more structured bottom. This was a great first bag project: fast with clear instructions and a great result!

1 comment:

  1. I lurve that fabric! I chose a tote bag for my second sewing lesson project and I'm hooked now, they've so easy :D

    ReplyDelete